Bitter Sweet of Wedding Preparation
If you ask me what would my dream wedding be?
The answer will be "something warm, cozy and fill with people that I know and loves"
That's it, no glamorous thing or blink-blink for the decorations.
Yes, I got that inspiration from Andien and Ippe wedding. They have a simple look wedding, I know that's not simple at all. The WO run crazily when they knew the rain has pour down to earth and might destroy the decoration.
sooo pretty isn't it? source from bridedept
Sadly, that won't happen with me.
Why?
The answer would be, family and budget. Hahaha....I'm very realistic person when it come to budget and family matter.
Most people said that the youngest will have a simple wedding, not with me nope, not gonna happen.
- My sister chose to have a simple wedding since the couple decided to use the money for a house. My parents, gave up. Yes, my eldest is a very tough person hahaha
- Since my 2nd sibling is a man and most Sundanese female is the one that would held the party, so my parents especially my mom will not be able to take many action on this matter
- My soon to be husband is the only child haha
- Will need so many PAWANG HUJAN for this kind of wedding celebration
- I don't have enough budget to do my own wedding, wkwkwk....I know this is a huge mistake that I don't invest my money so I can have my own budget,,LOL
However, despite the reason on point 5, I won't be able to do as I like. The point no 1 - 3 are major reasons.
As for me, I am happy to exchange my wedding dream with my parents smile and happiness. They only asked for us to let them invite all the people that they know, you are one of our proud. All I can said is "Yes, but no dandgut and organ tunggal please" and they just laugh haha...Before you judge me because I don't want dangdut music and organ tunggal, this is just because I'm not into it. I'm anticipated that someone might sing on my wedding just because they think their voice are great and it will pump up the wedding. No...I don't want, this is my wedding and let me put the music that I like.
THE VENUE
Outdoor and far from the city to make it as private as possible will not be my wedding venue.
I should be realistic since both my parents would like to invite everybody that they know. Since I don't like to held the wedding in the hotel, I need to find a good place and should be full carpet with high ceiling. Alhamdulillah, we got it right on time.
THE DRESS
When we planned how the wedding would like, what kind of dress/kebaya and its color. It all fix, I want a white kebaya with just a little payet on it and mint color for the reception with pastel colors and do it with national theme since all of us not that understand with the tradition both for Sunda and Java. Those image are gone the moment we went to fabric store, they have so many pretty laces, 3D flowers especially with the discount haha...
Everything started to change slow but sure, the reception from national turns into traditional because I cannot find the right dress for national theme and no, I don't want to afford extra money for reception dress. You may know that to make new kebaya with full payet these days will cost you more that 10 mio. That's just too much for me.
But when you found the right dress, you know that you should wear it even though it will change the whole plan. Since my Dad has agreed and bless me with everything that I wore - just try not to wear something too "open" haha - so, we finally go with the new plan.
THE OTHER VENDORS
Not just that, when we went to the vendors that we like most of them has a standard package and it means we need to spend more cash for everything that necessary but we try to not that "WOW", again our budget is limited. Both you and your partner need to think think and think on what to do, what to have and what should we eliminate.
For example, you got a full package from your caterer and you just need to think on Kebaya Akad, invitation, souvenirs and your family matters. Once you go through one by one to each vendor like documentation, you will add other things like extra album, extra person, different angle, extra editing etc. This will add you another cost...
THE DREAM INVITATION
See this beautiful and looks very elegant and simple invitation?
Well, this is what I dream about. I saw it to my partner and He just smile and said "Let's go to Tebet first and ask whether they can make it or not." close it with smile, a very suspicious smile.
When my Mom saw it, she likes it and just make sure to not forget to put the location navigation. Then, my brother came to us and looked at the picture and said "You really want to make like this?" smile and laugh...not a good laugh, an evil laugh to be exact.
"You know, this kind of invitation might cost above 15K" laugh again.
I almost cry and angry at the same time, like why they have to be so expensive in here just for an invitation?!? Oh, I'm devastated.
Then, we decided to go to Tebet - the most popular place to make your wedding invitation and taraaaa.....we found the one that not to mainstream with a good deal! Oh I love you my vendor! They have something to offer that looks simple and elegant! Of course it totally different with my imagination, again I need to be realistic on budget.
To be honest, Pinterest can blow your mind and imagination for every occasion that you will have #imcrying
PEOPLE'S OPINION
Your family is not the one that happy to hear you will getting marriage, but so does your friends and colleagues.
They might give their opinion on what should do, what to wear, what kind of attire you need to have, the MUA, and so on and so on.
Please, just try to have a big heart and have a great patience than ever. They don't know about your condition and it is impossible for you to tell everyone what you've going through for this preparation.
It might hurt your feelings or ears for what they said, just think positively that they care about you. If they really care for you, they will help you emotionally and financially hahahahaha (evil laugh)
--------------------------------------------------------
After all, it is impossible to please everyone and you should remember that this is your wedding. Talk to your partner as much as possible so you won't stress out by yourself. Your other half need to know your problems too, LOL.
If your wedding dream will not gonna happen, then you need to make other plan. It's your DAY, it's your MOMENT so, enjoy the process ladies and gentlemen.
Much love..
I.am.bloomingnesh
xoxo



Comments
Post a Comment